SPEECH TITLES AND/OR TOPICS
- Secrets of Superspies
- Risk Management: Security as a Cost Benefit to the Business
- Social Engineering: The Most Common Threat to Your Organization
- Corporate Espionage
- Zen and the Art of Cybersecurity
- Predicting Ethical Disasters
- Protecting Your Identity
- Combating E-Fraud
- Protecting Your Children on the Internet/How to Spy on Your Children
- Internet Security 101
- You've Got Mail Security (Love Online)
- E-mail Security
- The Magic of Computer Hacking
- Beyond the Hype of Terrorism
- Learning From the Intelligence Community
- What the Wizard of Oz says About Computer Security
- E-Commerce Security
- Information Warfare - Hype and Reality
- The Real Espionage Threat to Companies
- Awakening Dragon: The True Threat that China Poses to Companies and the World
- The New Russia?
- Love Online
- The Internet Cultures
Computer Security | Motivation | Security | Technology
Ira Winkler is recognized as one of the world's experts in Internet security, information warfare, information-related crime investigation, and industrial espionage. He is a specialist in penetration testing, where he infiltrates companies, both technically and physically, to find and repair an organization's weaknesses.
Prior to becoming founder and president of the Internet Security Advisors Group (ISAG), Mr. Winkler was Director of Technology at the International Computer Security Association (ICSA). ICSA (www.icsa.net) is a leading provider of security assurance, product certification, training, and information services, also functioning as an industry association with several thousand members. At the ICSA, Mr. Winkler was responsible for managing the Association's laboratories and led the team establishing certification criteria for Internet firewalls.
Mr. Winkler began his career at the National Security Agency (NSA), where he performed cryptanalysis and was responsible for systems design and implementing security elements in intelligence collection and analysis systems. Subsequent to his work at the NSA, he served as a consultant with government contractors, designing and implementing security systems throughout the intelligence community. While working with the government, he realized how vulnerable large computer systems are to unauthorized entry and alteration, and that this problem could cost businesses billions of dollars annually.
Ira Winkler is the author of Corporate Espionage, (Prima Publishing, 1997), which describes the challenges of doing business in the digital age. He is the co-author of a new bestseller, Through the Eyes of the Enemy, which details the intelligence aspect of the cold war and the emergence of the Russian mafia as a national security threat. He has also written more than 70 articles and white papers on corporate security issues.
BOOKS Search For A Book
- Corporate Espionage: What It Is, Why It Is Happening in Your Company, What You Must Do About It
- Spies Among Us: How to Stop the Spies, Terrorists, Hackers, and Criminals You Don't Even Know You Encounter Every Day
- Through the Eyes of the Enemy: Russia's Highest Ranking Military Defector Reveals Why Russia Is More Dangerous Than Ever
| Similar Speaker|
Marcus Ranum has more than 14 years experience in the networking and security community, and is a world-renowned expert on security system design and implementation. He is recognized as the inventor of the proxy firewall, and the implementer of
John McCumber is on the faculty of The George Washington University in Washington, DC. He is currently involved in research and development activities in support of leading edge government cyber security initiatives, and provides consultative guidance for state and
The Interrogator behind Saddam Hussein's Capture
American Patriot and Proven Military Veteran. Eric B. Maddox is a recipient of the National Intelligence Medal of Achievement, Defense Intelligence Agency Director’s Award, Legion of Merit, and Bronze Star, for
John Sitilides is Principal at Trilogy Advisors LLC, a federal government affairs firm. Specializing in environmental regulatory, energy technology, natural resources and real estate issues, current and recent projects include federal wetlands permitting, water infrastructure and budget authorization projects; clean-coal