THIS SPEAKER'S SET FEE PLACES HIM/HER WITHIN THE RANGE OF:
$7,500 and under
|TRAVELS FROM: California|
SPEECH TITLES AND/OR TOPICS
- Bias-Free Leadership: Your Competitive Advantage
- Becoming Bias-Free: Your Workplace Advantage
- 'Gateway Events': How to Turn Diversity Tension into Diversity Dialogue
- The Business Case for Diversity: It's Right, It's Smart, and It's Profitable
- The Impact of Bias on Innovation and Performance: The Problem, the Solution
- Resolving the Diversity Paradox: From Differences to Commonalities
- Is 'Guerilla Bias'(TM) Making War on Your Organization?
- Bias-Free Sales: Your Key to the Close
- Bias-Free Customer Service: The Key to Business Success
- Getting 'Culture Smart'(TM): Skills for Doing Business Across Cultural Lines
- Culturally-Competent Patient Care: Your Competitive Advantage (Health Care Industry)
- Bias-Free Health Care Leadership: Managing Effectively in a Diverse Environment (Health Care Industry)
Customer Service | Diversity | Leadership | Sales
Sondra Thiederman, Ph.D. is one of the nation's leading experts on workplace
diversity, cross-cultural business, and bias reduction. As President of Cross-Cultural
Communications, a San Diego based training firm, she has 25 years experience
as a speaker, trainer, and author helping professionals in Fortune 500 companies,
public sector organizations, and dozens of associations find ways to successfully
navigate our increasingly diverse and global workplaces.
Since receiving her doctorate with an emphasis on cross-cultural studies from
UCLA, Dr. Thiederman has helped hundreds of organizations develop solutions
to their cross-cultural and diversity challenges. Among her clients are such
leading organizations as Xerox Corporation, FedEx Corporation, Pfizer Pharmaceuticals,
Marriott Corporation, Century 21 Real Estate, American Express, The Federal
Reserve Bank, Motorola, and AT&T. She has also addressed notable associations
including the Arthritis Foundation, the Mortgage Bankers Association, the American
Society of Association Executives, and the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
In addition, she has served as consultant to the University of California and
the American Cancer Society and has been appointed by Elizabeth Dole to serve
on the Diversity Cabinet of the American Red Cross.
Dr. Thiederman has extensive media experience including mention in such national
publications as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Los Angeles
Times, and U.S.A. Today. She is published in professional journals
ranging from T&D to Real Estate Today to Association
Management and has written on diversity for the web site Monster.com. She
is the author of four books including: Bridging Cultural Barriers for Corporate
Success: How to Manage the Multicultural Work Force, Getting "Culture
Smart": Ten Strategies for Making Diversity Work, Profiting in America's
Multicultural Marketplace: How to do Business Across Cultural Lines, and
Making Diversity Work: Seven Steps for Defeating Bias in the Workplace.
BOOKS Search For A Book
- Bridging Cultural Barriers for Corporate Success: How to Manage the Multicultural Work Force
Getting "Culture Smart": Ten Strategies for Making Diversity Work
Profiting in America's Multicultural Marketplace: How to do Business Across Cultural Lines
Making Diversity Work: Seven Steps for Defeating Bias in the Workplace
| Similar Speaker|
Arnold Sanow, MBA, CSP (Certified Speaking Professional--highest earned designation by the National Speakers Association for excellence), is a business, communications and people skills expert who speaks and consults. He works with his clients to assist them in improving individual
Sue Cook is president of Think Customer, a groundbreaking consulting practice pioneering innovative strategies to create customer-obsessed organizations.
She is also co-author with Roger Dow of Turned On: Eight Vital Insights
to Energize Your People, Customers
Steven S. Little
Steven S. Little is a much sought after expert on the subject of business growth and the future of opportunity. As a former President of three fast-growth companies, he now advises thousands of leaders of growing organizations and communities
Kelly McDonald is a nationally recognized marketing expert, with deep specialization in diversity marketing and business trends. She was named #1 on Successful Meetings magazine’s list of “26 Hot Speakers”.
Ms. McDonald is the author of How to Market to