THIS SPEAKER'S SET FEE PLACES HIM/HER WITHIN THE RANGE OF:
$40,001 and above
|TRAVELS FROM: California|
No videos listed.
SPEECH TITLES AND/OR TOPICS
- Core vs. Context: Reallocating Resources for Competitive Advantage
- Managing for Shareholder Value in Any Economy
- Marketing and Selling to Enterprise in a Downturn
- Business Model Migration
- Dealing with Darwin: Innovating within Established Enterprises
- Chasms, Bowling Alleys, Tornadoes, & Main Street: Marketing High Tech in the 21st Century
- Outsourcing & Offshoring: Productivity, Perception, and Risk
- Orchestrating the Stack: Next-Generation Strategies in Enterprise IT
- Provocation-Based Selling: How to Break-and-Enter Established Markets
- Complex Systems vs. Volume Operations: The Challenges of Business Model Migration
- Managing Company Culture─No Hot Tubs Required
- Five Stages of Marketing Maturity: Where is Your Organization?
- Core vs. Context: The Primer
- Core Versus Context:
A Strategic Business Tool for Building Partnerships
Management | Strategic Planning | Stress Management | Technology | Marketing | Disruptive Innovation
Geoffrey Moore, Ph.D. is an author, speaker, and advisor who splits his consulting time between start-up companies in the Mohr Davidow portfolio and established high-tech enterprises, most recently including Salesforce, Microsoft, Intel, Box, Aruba, Cognizant, and Rackspace.
Dr. Moore’s life’s work has focused on the market dynamics surrounding disruptive innovations. His first book, Crossing the Chasm, focuses on the challenges start-up companies transitioning from early adopting to mainstream customers. It has sold more than a million copies, and its third edition has been revised such that the majority of its examples and case studies reference companies come to prominence from the past decade. Moore’s most recent work, Escape Velocity, addresses the challenge large enterprises face when they seek to add a new line of business to their established portfolio. It has been the basis of much of his recent consulting.
Irish by heritage, Dr. Moore has yet to meet a microphone he didn’t like and gives between 50 and 80 speeches a year. One theme that has received a lot of attention recently is the transition in enterprise IT investment focus from Systems of Record to Systems of Engagement. This is driving the deployment of a new cloud infrastructure to complement the legacy client-server stack, creating massive markets for a next generation of tech industry leaders.
Dr. Moore has a bachelor degree in American literature from Stanford University and a Ph.D. in English literature from the University of Washington. After teaching English for four years at Olivet College, he came back to the Bay Area with his wife and family and began a career in high tech as a training specialist. Over time he transitioned first into sales and then into marketing, finally finding his niche in marketing consulting, working first at Regis McKenna Inc., then with the three firms he helped found: The Chasm Group, Chasm Institute, and TCG Advisors. Today he is chairman emeritus of all three.
BOOKS Search For A Book
- Crossing the Chasm, 3rd Edition: Marketing and Selling Disruptive Products to Mainstream Customers (Collins Business Essentials) (2014)
- Escape Velocity: Free Your Company's Future from the Pull of the Past (2011)
- Dealing with Darwin: How Great Companies Innovate at Every Phase of Their Evolution (2005)(2008-paperback)
- Crossing the Chasm: Marketing and Selling High-Tech Products to Mainstream Customers (2006)
- Inside the Tornado: Strategies for Developing, Leveraging, and Surviving Hypergrowth Markets (Collins Business Essentials) (2004)
- Living on the Fault Line: Managing for Shareholder Value in the Age of the Internet (2002)
- The Gorilla Game: Picking Winners in High Technology (1999)
| Similar Speaker|
Born in Israel and raised in El Paso, Texas, Ori Brafman has been a lifelong
entrepreneur in business, government, and the nonprofit sector. His projects
include launching healthy fast food restaurants, leading political and advocacy
Alexandra Levit is a nationally recognized business and workplace author and speaker. She is a syndicated columnist for The Wall Street Journal and a blogger for HuffingtonPost.com.
Ms. Levit has authored several books, including the bestselling They Don't
Steve McClatchy is a speaker, trainer, consultant, writer and entrepreneur who has spoken before thousands of audiences that have been delighted with his entertaining style and powerful stories. Steve founded Alleer Training and Consulting out of
Paul S. Auerbach, M.D. an internationally known physician, business leader, and speaker has entertained audiences all around the world with his fascinating presentations on management and medical topics. He combines extensive clinical and medical education expertise with an insightful, yet