THIS SPEAKER'S SET FEE PLACES HIM/HER WITHIN THE RANGE OF:
$40,001 and above
|TRAVELS FROM: California|
SPEECH TITLES AND/OR TOPICS
- Core vs. Context: Reallocating Resources for Competitive Advantage
- Managing for Shareholder Value in Any Economy
- Marketing and Selling to Enterprise in a Downturn
- Business Model Migration
- Dealing with Darwin: Innovating within Established Enterprises
- Chasms, Bowling Alleys, Tornadoes, & Main Street: Marketing High Tech in the 21st Century
- Outsourcing & Offshoring: Productivity, Perception, and Risk
- Orchestrating the Stack: Next-Generation Strategies in Enterprise IT
- Provocation-Based Selling: How to Break-and-Enter Established Markets
- Complex Systems vs. Volume Operations: The Challenges of Business Model Migration
- Managing Company Culture─No Hot Tubs Required
- Five Stages of Marketing Maturity: Where is Your Organization?
- Core vs. Context: The Primer
- Core Versus Context:
A Strategic Business Tool for Building Partnerships
Management | Strategic Planning | Stress Management | Technology | Marketing | Disruptive Innovation
Geoffrey Moore, Ph.D. is an author, speaker, and advisor who splits his consulting time between start-up companies in the Mohr Davidow portfolio and established high-tech enterprises, most recently including Salesforce, Microsoft, Intel, Box, Aruba, Cognizant, and Rackspace.
Dr. Moore’s life’s work has focused on the market dynamics surrounding disruptive innovations. His first book, Crossing the Chasm, focuses on the challenges start-up companies transitioning from early adopting to mainstream customers. It has sold more than a million copies, and its third edition has been revised such that the majority of its examples and case studies reference companies come to prominence from the past decade. Moore’s most recent work, Escape Velocity, addresses the challenge large enterprises face when they seek to add a new line of business to their established portfolio. It has been the basis of much of his recent consulting.
Irish by heritage, Dr. Moore has yet to meet a microphone he didn’t like and gives between 50 and 80 speeches a year. One theme that has received a lot of attention recently is the transition in enterprise IT investment focus from Systems of Record to Systems of Engagement. This is driving the deployment of a new cloud infrastructure to complement the legacy client-server stack, creating massive markets for a next generation of tech industry leaders.
Dr. Moore has a bachelor degree in American literature from Stanford University and a Ph.D. in English literature from the University of Washington. After teaching English for four years at Olivet College, he came back to the Bay Area with his wife and family and began a career in high tech as a training specialist. Over time he transitioned first into sales and then into marketing, finally finding his niche in marketing consulting, working first at Regis McKenna Inc., then with the three firms he helped found: The Chasm Group, Chasm Institute, and TCG Advisors. Today he is chairman emeritus of all three.
BOOKS Search For A Book
- Dealing with Darwin: How Great Companies Innovate at Every Phase of Their Evolution
- Inside the Tornado: Marketing Strategies from Silicon Valley's Cutting Edge
- Living on the Fault Line: Managing for Shareholder Value in any Economy
- Crossing the Chasm: Marketing and Selling High-Tech Products to Mainstream Customers
- Living on the Fault Line: Managing for Shareholder Value in the Age of the Internet
- The Gorilla Game: Picking Winners in High Technology
| Similar Speaker|
An expert in the dynamics of organizational change, Mark DeVolder, Ph.D. reveals why 70 percent of all change initiatives fail to achieve their stated goals. Most leaders focus the majority of their time on the numbers, but it is
Vicki Hitzges started her career communicating with the public in the front office for the Dallas Cowboys. Years later, she hosted the Cowboys weekly TV show, Special Edition.
In between time, she worked as a
Pat Allen, Ph.D. is the author of numerous books, including her longtime bestseller Getting to 'I Do' published by William Morrow, now in its 32nd printing! Other book titles include Staying Married and Loving it, Conversational Rape, It's a
Danny Cox is an accelerationist, or one who causes faster movement, higher efficiency, and increased productivity. President of Acceleration Unlimited, Danny Cox is a professional keynote speaker, with themes built around his personal record of high performance, leadership, and