THIS SPEAKER'S SET FEE PLACES HIM/HER WITHIN THE RANGE OF:
$25,001 to $40,000
|TRAVELS FROM: California|
- The Emerging Science of Services
- Strange Tales of the Supply Chain Revolution
- The New Laws of the Jungle
- The CIO's Role in Corporate Strategy
- The Next Generation in Computing
- Public Choice and Corporate Responsibility: The New Technology Dilemma
- "Extreme" Collaboration
- The Strategy Machine: The Merger of Planning and Execution
- Building an Information Supply Chain
- The New Industrial Revolution
- Unleashing Killer Apps: Digital Strategies for Market Dominance
- The Transformation of Industry
- Twelve Design Principles for Launching New Ventures
- Digital Strategy and the Customer: From Relationship Management to Partnership and Collaboration
- Obstacles to Catalysts: Overcoming Strategy Inertia
- The Crisis in Financial Services
- Killer Apps: The Social Dimension
Ecommerce/Internet | Future
Larry Downes is a consultant and speaker on developing business strategies in an age of constant disruption caused by information technology.
Mr. Downes is author of the Business Week and New York Timesbusiness bestseller, Unleashing the Killer App: Digital Strategies for Market Dominance (Harvard Business School Press, 1998), which has sold nearly 200,000 copies and was named by The Wall Street Journal as one of the five most important books ever published on business and technology.
Larry Downes' new book, The Laws of Disruption: Harnessing the New Forces that Govern Business and Life in the Digital Age (Basic Books), released on October 13, 2009, offers nine strategies for success in the emerging world of information law. It combines his unique perspective on economics, law, and innovation in the digital age.
Mr. Downes is also a Partner with the Bell-Mason Group, which works with Global 1000 corporations, providing corporate venturing methodologies, tools, techniques and support that accelerate corporate innovation and venturing programs.
Larry Downes has written for a variety of publications, including USA Today, Harvard Business Review, Inc., Wired, CNet, Strategy & Leadership, CIO, The American Scholar, and The Harvard Journal of Law and Technology. He was a columnist for both The Industry Standard and CIO Insight.
Larry Downes has held faculty appointments at The University of Chicago Graduate School of Business, Northwestern University School of Law, and the University of California-Berkeley's Haas School of Business, where he taught courses on corporate strategy and technology law. He is currently a nonresident Fellow with the Stanford Law School Center for Internet & Society.
BOOKS Search For A Book
- The Laws of Disruption: Harnessing the New Forces that Govern Business and Life in the Digital Age (10/09)
- Unleashing the Killer App: Digital Strategies for Market Dominance
- The Strategy Machine: Building Your Business One Idea at a Time
| Similar Speaker|
David Weinberger, Ph.D. began his "career" in the late '70s teaching philosophy at New Jersey's Stockton State College for five years. During this time he maintained his steady freelance writing of humor, reviews and intellectual and academic articles, publishing
Robert B. Tucker is president of The Innovation Resource, and an internationally recognized leader in the field of innovation. Formerly an adjunct professor at the University of California, Los Angeles, he has been a consultant and keynote speaker since
Roger Selbert, Ph.D. is one of the best-known and most respected trend experts in the United States. His 20-year record of accomplishment as a business futurist of economic, social, and demographic foresight is unequalled. He is the Principal
Daniel Burrus is considered one of the world’s leading technology forecasters
and business strategists, and is the founder and CEO of Burrus Research, a research
and consulting firm that monitors global advancements in technology driven trends
to help clients better