THIS SPEAKER'S SET FEE PLACES HIM/HER WITHIN THE RANGE OF:
$25,001 to $40,000
|TRAVELS FROM: California|
- The Emerging Science of Services
- Strange Tales of the Supply Chain Revolution
- The New Laws of the Jungle
- The CIO's Role in Corporate Strategy
- The Next Generation in Computing
- Public Choice and Corporate Responsibility: The New Technology Dilemma
- "Extreme" Collaboration
- The Strategy Machine: The Merger of Planning and Execution
- Building an Information Supply Chain
- The New Industrial Revolution
- Unleashing Killer Apps: Digital Strategies for Market Dominance
- The Transformation of Industry
- Twelve Design Principles for Launching New Ventures
- Digital Strategy and the Customer: From Relationship Management to Partnership and Collaboration
- Obstacles to Catalysts: Overcoming Strategy Inertia
- The Crisis in Financial Services
- Killer Apps: The Social Dimension
Ecommerce/Internet | Future
Larry Downes is a consultant and speaker on developing business strategies in an age of constant disruption caused by information technology.
Mr. Downes is author of the Business Week and New York Timesbusiness bestseller, Unleashing the Killer App: Digital Strategies for Market Dominance (Harvard Business School Press, 1998), which has sold nearly 200,000 copies and was named by The Wall Street Journal as one of the five most important books ever published on business and technology.
Larry Downes' new book, The Laws of Disruption: Harnessing the New Forces that Govern Business and Life in the Digital Age (Basic Books), released on October 13, 2009, offers nine strategies for success in the emerging world of information law. It combines his unique perspective on economics, law, and innovation in the digital age.
Mr. Downes is also a Partner with the Bell-Mason Group, which works with Global 1000 corporations, providing corporate venturing methodologies, tools, techniques and support that accelerate corporate innovation and venturing programs.
Larry Downes has written for a variety of publications, including USA Today, Harvard Business Review, Inc., Wired, CNet, Strategy & Leadership, CIO, The American Scholar, and The Harvard Journal of Law and Technology. He was a columnist for both The Industry Standard and CIO Insight.
Larry Downes has held faculty appointments at The University of Chicago Graduate School of Business, Northwestern University School of Law, and the University of California-Berkeley's Haas School of Business, where he taught courses on corporate strategy and technology law. He is currently a nonresident Fellow with the Stanford Law School Center for Internet & Society.
BOOKS Search For A Book
- The Laws of Disruption: Harnessing the New Forces that Govern Business and Life in the Digital Age (10/09)
- Unleashing the Killer App: Digital Strategies for Market Dominance
- The Strategy Machine: Building Your Business One Idea at a Time
| Similar Speaker|
Eric Chester is the premier expert on school-to-work transition and the emerging workforce. As a former teacher and coach-turned motivational speaker for millions of students, Eric soon became a highly sought after speaker for hundreds of leading companies that
James E. Dion is an internationally known consultant, keynote speaker, trainer and author and one of North America's leading experts on retail technology, retail selling and service, marketing, retail merchandising and operations, technology and consumer trends.
Founder and president
Rod Beckstrom is a well-known cyber security expert, Internet leader and authority on organizational leadership and social networking. He is the former President and CEO of ICANN, the global organization that help keeps the Internet secure, stable
Peter Cochrane, Ph.D. is a graduate of Trent Polytechnic (now Nottingham Trent University) and Essex University with a BSc Hons in Electrical Engineering in 1973 and gained an MSc, PhD and DSc in telecommunications systems from the Essex University.